Deepwater 3D Seismic Survey - 15/11/2011
Hyperdynamics Corporation has started its deepwater 3D seismic survey off the coast of the Republic of Guinea. Using the survey vessel Oceanic Endeavour, seismic contractor CGGVeritas will acquire 3D seismic data in a deepwater area covering approximately 4,000 square kilometres in Hyperdynamics' oil and gas concession in offshore Guinea in West Africa. After completing the data acquisition phase of the project, CGGVeritas will also process the data.
The survey area is located just southwest of and adjacent to the 3D survey obtained by Hyperdynamics in 2010. The primary goal of this new survey is to investigate multiple possible deepwater submarine fans in the equatorial Atlantic margin that were identified from a 2D seismic survey acquired in 2009.
Ray Leonard, Hyperdynamics CEO, commented that the deepwater 3D survey will utilise CGGVeritas' BroadSeis broadband solution, which is expected provide a clearer and more detailed image of the subsurface. This 3D survey is a critical next step in Hyperdynamics' ongoing Guinea exploration campaign, one that should further de-risk the acreage and help to identify the most promising deepwater locations for future drilling.
Hyperdynamics operates the Guinea concession with a 77% participating interest, with the remaining 23% held by Aberdeen-based Dana Petroleum, a wholly owned subsidiary of Korean National Oil.
Last updated: 15/11/2011