Teledyne Marine has a fantastic opportunity for a Hydrographic Surveyor to represent the company with the technical knowledge and skills to provide the highest levels of support, providing our customers with innovative solutions. The position will be based in Aberdeen (UK) and involves extensive travel.
Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Over the past 10 years, through acquisitions and collaboration, Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. With technologies divided into 5 core segments; Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic and Vehicles, Teledyne Marine staff can address not only brand level solutions, but turn-key, customized systems that leverage our full range of technology. Our goal is to provide one-stop purchasing capability, worldwide customer support, and the technical expertise to solve our customer's toughest challenges. A Sea of Solutions…..One Supplier.
The Hydrographic Surveyor plays an integral role in the success of Teledyne Marine’s Engineering
Services department and we are looking for a highly motivated, skilled, quality minded and well
organized individual, who is willing and able to see technically complex projects through to their
completion. The position is based out of Teledyne Marine’s facilities in Aberdeen. The Hydrographic
Surveyor will report to the local Engineering Services manager.
Responsibilities / Activities:
• Manage the installation and commissioning of integrated multibeam survey systems, involving:
- Sensor integration design.
- Vessel installation management, dimensional control and calibrations.
- Authoring and executing acceptance test protocols.
- Training and customer support.
• Precise, prompt and courteous customer support, technical help and training.
• Assigned to the 24/7 after-hours support hot lines on a rotational basis.
• Provides same-day response for customer-support related calls and emails during normal
• Prepare technical documentation and drawings for hydrographic survey solutions.
• Perform internal product testing, support and feedback into research and development.
• The position is expected to include between 120 and 150 travel days per year.
• Daily availability, to include evenings and weekends when necessary, to reach goals and
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
• Degree level qualification in a hydrographic survey related discipline. (Cat A or similar)
• Multibeam surveying experience in the hydrographic industry at a minimum of 3 to 5 years.
• In depth knowledge of at least one of the leading hydrographic software packages for multibeam survey.
• Experience installing and configuring hydrographic equipment and software is an advantage
• Excellent communication and customer liaison skills, both written and oral.
• Experienced speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
in presentations, training and Q&A seminar.
• Self-motivated, and able to work independently.
• Ability to work internationally in a team environment and build relationships with internal and
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Only candidates that are EU or EEA citizens or who already have permanent residence and working
permit to the UK will be considered for the position.
The Hydrographic Surveyors role offers a combination of office and general global travel working
environments, where often work scopes require a great deal of flexibility and practicality. As part of a
leading innovative company with a strong international brand presence, the position of Hydrographic
Surveyor enables both personal and professional career development working as an individual within a
strong team. Teledyne Marine is proud of our expanding global presence and varied client base. We
therefore look forward to welcoming the Hydrographic Surveyor into the exciting, challenging and
rewarding career of a Teledyne Marine team member.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to UK_HR@teledyne.com
Find more information on www.geo-matching.com!
At Hydro International, we often receive permission requests to use our articles for republishing purposes. Get permission to reuse our content quickly and easily with PLS Permissions Request. Simply search for Hydro International and fill in the article you are looking for.