Cornish Marine Contingent Plans to Make Waves at Seawork 2019 - 29/05/2019
Cornwall will be represented by five innovative companies at Europe’s largest marine exhibition, with the help of financial support from the Marine-i project. Part funded by the European Regional Development Fund, Marine-i is designed to help the marine tech sector in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly grow through harnessing the full potential of research and innovation.
Taking place in Southampton from 11th to 13th June, Seawork is Europe’s largest international marine and workboat exhibition. It will be attended by 8,000 high-caliber marine professionals from 70 countries, 40% of whom are directors or owners. It is, therefore, the perfect opportunity to showcase Cornwall’s world-leading marine expertise to a global audience.
The five local companies are:
- ARMADA engineering who specializes in marine hydraulics and provide innovative solutions to customers in sectors as diverse as shipping, offshore wind farms, and the oil industry;
- M2ED who provide naval architectural and composite design services to the marine industry and have recently diversified into energy, civil projects, and even the film industry;
- NORSAP UK, a specialist supplier of robust, ergonomic seating for the wheelhouse, bridge and other operational areas, tailored to customers’ individual requirements;
- SWATHE SERVICES who deliver Integrated survey support solutions, providing people, expertise and equipment for the offshore oil and gas, renewables, environmental and coastal industries;
- WORKFLOAT is a self-propelled, floating work platform that 'folds' up to tow behind a 4x4. Once afloat it can carry an impressive amount of weight and has a wide range of commercial applications.
Details: www.seawork.com.Last updated: 28/05/2019