Dredging and Reclamation Seminar - 03/06/2010
For (future) decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbour authorities, offshore companies and other organisations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies, in co-operation with UNESCO-IHE, organises the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation. The Seminar will take place in Delft, The Netherlands from Monday 21 to Friday 25 June 2010.
Since 1993 IADC has, often in co-operation with local technical universities, provided a week-long seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries. These intensive courses have been successfully presented in Delft, Singapore, Dubai, Buenos Aires, Bahrain , Mexico and Abu Dhabi.
The Seminars reflect IADC's commitment to education, to encouraging young people to enter the field of dredging, and to improving knowledge about dredging throughout the world. This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops.
Some of the subjects covered are:
- the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging techniques as well as environmentally sound techniques;
- pre-dredging and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor's view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risksharing
Last updated: 18/10/2019
A part of the programme of the seminars is a visit to the Maasvlakte 2 project. A visit to a dredging yard is also included.