Newton Labs, the world’s largest manufacturer of underwater laser scanners, has introduced the PL3200UW-LW underwater laser scanner. Weighting 5kg, this lightweight fixed line underwater laser scanner is specifically designed for capturing high resolution metrology data deployed on AUV and ROV submersibles.
The PL3200UW-LW expands on Newton’s high resolution laser scanning product line, perfect for underwater metrology and IRM.
- accurately captures dimensions, sea floor measurements, corrosion and other as-built features;
- depth rated to 3,200m and designed specifically for AUV and small ROV Deployment
- Current Draw-Less than 1 AMP at 24VDC
- 10m scanning range
- Live camera view allows operator to set scanning region of interest.
- Scanning range between 1.5-10 metres
- Data available instantly
The PL3200UW-LW easily interfaces with IMU devices, either integral to the ROV/AUV or exterior IMU systems and join the PL4000UW for subsea deployment. The scanner draws its power from the MUX or ROV/AUV and only requires 24VDC and GigEthernet from the AUV/ROV/MUX.