Maritime Toolbar (MTB) for Esri Users - 09/10/2015
UK-based OceanWise has developed a Maritime Toolbar (MTB) for ArcMap so maritime users on an Esri platform can take advantage of the functionality previously only available to Cadcorp SIS users. The toolbar includes 31 tools that can support existing workflows and increase productivity - thus improving the return on GIS investment.
This new add-in extends the GIS functionality commonly used within the maritime sector to ArcMap 10.1 and above. Benefits of MTB include:
- Streamlining everyday tasks to improve efficiency
- Simplified batch processing tools to automate repetitive or large-scale processing
- Raster processing tools including hill shading, slope analysis, contouring and a raster calculator
- Tools to read text file formats including bag, pts and xyz to create point or coverage datasets
- Conversion tools to batch-transform coordinates or export shapefiles to other GIS file formats
MTB is targeted at those organisations wishing to manipulate marine environmental or geographic based datasets. Although originally developed in collaboration with numerous UK ports, its usage lends itself to commercial survey companies, harbours, engineering and environmental consultants, marine laboratories/agencies and operators/owners wishing to better manage their marine datasets.
In addition to the standard release, OceanWise is looking to develop the existing MTB Extensions. By linking to Ocean Database (OceanWise’s complete data management solution), this will allow both current and historical hydrographic survey, dredging, environmental sampling and asset management data to be effectively managed through the toolbar. The extensions enable fast interrogation and reporting of the data and use the power of GIS to allow further analysis going beyond the offerings of a standard database.
Last updated: 17/01/2021