Next-generation USV to Launch at Ocean Business 2019 - 14/03/2019
Unmanned Survey Solutions (USS) has designed and built the next-generation Accession Class Unmanned Survey Vessel (USV) for use in nearshore and offshore hydrographic surveys. The device will launch at Ocean Business in April 2019.
The unique modular design of the USV allows the vessel to increase its base design length of 3.5m to a maximum of 5m for additional payload equipment and/or power for extended endurance depending on operational requirements.
James Williams, director at USS, said “We wanted to build a USV that was truly versatile, reliable and robust enough to withstand operating in offshore conditions while keeping it simple and easy to use for surveyors. I’m delighted with our solution and extremely excited to be launching the Accession Class USV at Ocean Business in April.”
Built by surveyors for surveyors, the vessel offers stable sea keep conditions, long endurance, high performance and universal payload integration – essential for all survey operations. This Marine-I, part-funded European Regional Development Funded (EDRF) project will integrate Unmanned Airborne Vehicle (UAV) capabilities as well as geophysical and hydrographic payloads.
- Offshore wind farm seabed mapping using geophysical and hydrographic equipment
- Offshore wind farm turbine inspections using UAV’s launched and recovered from the USV
- Enforcement activities by inshore fisheries and conservation authorities using combined USV and UAV capabilities
- Environmental mapping of intertidal areas using combined SONAR and laser payloads
- Large harbour and estuary mapping for port authorities
USS will showcase the Accession Class 4.25m USV on the quayside at Ocean Business – and you can see a model of the USV on Swathe Services’ stand M2. For more information, contact James Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.Last updated: 26/05/2019