SeaBat Users Conference - 03/06/2005
The RESON Group, in conjunction with TOYO Corporation, held a SeaBat Conference in Tokyo the end of April. The event was extremely well attended with 130 participants from all over Japan.
Lecturers were joined by RESON and TOYO personnel in the full day review of sonar systems, applications, installations and new technologies. Lecturers and presentations included:
- ‘New Data Measuring & Process Method by Multibeam Echosounders’, by Dr. Akira Asada, University of Tokyo
- ‘Necessity of Topographic Survey of Coral Reef’, by Dr. Yasuo Furushima, JAMSTEC
- ‘Hydrographic Survey Standard for Multibeam Echosounder’, by Mr. Isamu Okazaki, Fukken Co., Ltd.
- ‘BELUGA System – Remote Operated Multibeam Survey Vehicle’, by Mr. Minoru Masuda, TOA Corporation
- ‘New Directions in Seafloor Mapping and Visualization’, by Dr. Larry Mayer, University of New Hampshire Center for Coastal Ocean Mapping.
RESON presentations included detailed overview of RESON’s new SeaBat 7000 series Multibeam Echosounders and Forward Looking Sonars, in depth review of SeaBat 7150 deepwater Multibeam installation on Ifremer R/V Pourquois Pas? and a discussion on RESON waterside security sonar solutions.
Results from a survey of participants following the conference showed that the vast majority of attendees found the technical exchange of high value.
Last updated: 23/02/2020