Turner Designs Introduce Ultra Low-power Sensors - 23/04/2019
Turner Designs has introduced the C-FLUOR Submersible Probes. The probe sensors are sensitive, low power single wavelength in situ fluorescence and are available in several optical configurations. Requiring a maximum of 12mA current at 12VDC input, C-FLUOR probes can be integrated and deployed for longer intervals than previously possible with submersible probes.
Resistance to Corrosion
With a response time of fewer than 0.6 seconds, the probes require less power, outputting data soon after power is applied. Factory-calibrated, each C-FLUOR ships with a calibration certificate used to convert the analogue output signal to a specific concentration estimate. The Titanium construction allows for a depth rating of 2,000 metres as well as resistance to corrosion - an important factor with their capability for extended deployments.
C-FLUOR probes are available for detecting: in vivo Chlorophyll, Crude Oil, CDOM/FDOM (dissolved organic material), Blue/Green Algae, Fluorescein Dye, Rhodamine Dye, Optical Brighteners, and Turbidity. C-FLUOR probes are pin-compatible with Cyclops Sensors so they are easily integrated into many third-party systems that currently use Cyclops Sensors.
Available accessories include:
- Turner Designs DataBank Handheld Datalogger for field studies
- Flowthrough Cap, for use with a submersible pump for flow through sampling
- Shade Cap to provide a fixed distance for sample measurement minimize effects from ambient light, and offer protection for the optics
- Solid Secondary Standards to check instrument stability
- Cables of varying lengths
- Liquid Equivalent Standards for users wanting to change the factory calibration
For more details, visit www.turnerdesigns.com.Last updated: 30/04/2019