Don’t Miss the Oi2020 Technical Conference - 05/03/2020
In the free-to-attend Oi2020 Technical Conference, you will hear from experts and thought leaders about a variety of disciplines in different sectors. Happening across the three days of the event, the technical tracks will focus on key areas of application and technology across the whole of the Oceanology range.
Technical insights, updates on the industry and case studies will provide you with the information and inspiration you need for your futures projects. Check www.oceanologyinternational.com for details and the latest updates of each day programme.
1. Offshore Energy Development - Sponsored by Bibby Hydromap This conference track will explore the developments in scientific resource assessment and site planning for offshore oil and gas, renewables and aquaculture industries.
2. Asset Integrity and Monitoring The latest advancements in scientific methodology and applied technology for asset management in offshore oil and gas, renewables and aquaculture industries.
3. Hydrography, Geophysics & Geotechnics - Sponsored by PanGeo Subsea Offshore site investigation including data collection, processing and analysis techniques used in mapping and pre-engineering studies of the offshore environment to understand the physical nature of the seabed and sub-seabed.
4. Coastal Zone & Shallow Water
Marine science and ocean technology developments that explore the management of the interface between land and water.
5. Navigation & Positioning - Sponsored by iXblue
The latest techniques and technologies for navigation and positioning on and below the sea surface.
6. Imaging & Metrology - Sponsored DOF Subsea
The development and application of imaging and measurement technologies to improve on the water and subsea capabilities.
7. Ocean Observation & Sensing This conference track will explore the latest developments in measurement techniques and instrumentation for monitoring of ocean and atmospheric physics, chemistry, biology, and genomics as well as associated advances in analytical techniques and modelling.
8. Marine Pollution & Environmental Stressors Tools and techniques to address oil and chemical spills and other forms of marine pollution, including plastics and other debris. It will include consideration of understanding and mitigating large scale environmental changes associated with climate change, such as ocean acidification.
9. Data Interpretation & Al This conference track will showcase external industry advancements in the field of data interpretation and AI to explore their benefit and potential impact to marine science and ocean technologies with special consideration for analytics, autonomous vehicles and imaging recognition.
10. Unmanned Vehicles & Vessels - Sponsored by AutoNaut Focus on innovative developments and applications in marine autonomous systems, including Robotics, AUVs, ROVs and ASVs.
11. Ocean ICT
Consider the latest developments of ocean data communications, the application of big data analytics, machine learning and advanced visualisation techniques.