IOGP Seabed Survey Data Model (SSDM) Version 2 - 18/05/2017
The IOGP Geomatics Committee’s Seabed Survey Data Model (SSDM) Task Force has completed SSDM version 2 incorporating industry feedback received since the release of SSDM version 1 in April 2011. The Seabed Survey Data Model is an industry standard for the storage and management of seabed survey data.
SSDM version 2 features the following key updates:
- UML design of the model in Enterprise Architect for both ArcGIS implementation and GML encoding
- Compliance with EPSG Coordinate Reference System schema and consistency with other IOGP Standards
- Centralized reference for units of measure
- Expanded definition of seabed and subsurface features
- Complete Symbology stylesheet for SSDM Features (incl. CAD Stylesheet)
- Integration of environmental/benthic and geotechnical surveys
- Considerations for long-term sustainability and maintenance of the SSDM schema
- Detailed description of updates is included in the SSDM version 2 Change Log documentation.
All SSDM version 2 supporting documentation, including updated IOGP Reports: Guidelines for the use of the Seabed Survey Data Model (Report 462-01) and Guideline for the delivery of the Seabed Survey Data Model (Report 462-02), is also available via IOGP Bookstore.Last updated: 13/12/2017